1 April 2018

BAREPRO™ PERFORMANCE WEAR LIQUID FOUNDATION SPF 20 {FIRST IMPRESSIONS}

I received a sample of a bareMinerals foundation in a UK 
magazine recently and couldn't wait to try it out.

BAREPRO™ Performance Wear Liquid Foundation sounds as though it was made for me
especially living in a hot, humid climate. It claims to provide a natural looking 
full coverage-and so much more.
I can only give a first impressions of this foundation sample ,as it claims to improve
the texture of the skin over time, which obviously I can't comment on
from a single use.
Nevertheless I was exited to try this AWARD WINNING Foundation

Winner of Cosmopolitan Beauty Awards 2017 for Best Splurge Foundation
Winner of Look Beauty Awards 2017 for Best Foundation



bareMinerals are redefining performance wear with this new liquid mineral foundation 
that cares while it covers, improving the appearance of skin texture over time,
while blurring pores and imperfections. 
The 24-hour breathable full coverage is powered by 
Mineral Lock™ Long-Wear Technology 
that blends mineral pigments with lipids naturally found in skin to lock in any colour 
making it transfer resistant.

The sample shade was Natural 11 and whilst it was wearable it certainly
 wasn't my perfect shade. 
With 30 true-to-you shades on offer I'm sure there's a perfect shade for most
skin tones including mine.



This liquid foundation had a surprisingly creamy luxurious feel about it, that
enabled you to blend on the skin for sometime, without drying 
or dragging.
The crazing of the foundation is due to the incorrect colour of the
 sample shade.



The coverage on the first application was pretty good and it improved as you
built up the layers and two was good for me, making this foundation full coverage.
I personally didn't find this foundation particularly lightweight though,
as I was aware that I was wearing a foundation throughout the day.

My very first impressions,irrespective of the colour not being my ideal
weren't the best, especially as it claims to give a natural look.
Once I had applied my cheek and eye colour the foundation seemed to settle
and I have to say to looked overall much better.
The foundation gives a matte finish, which again isn't my best, as older skins generally
 love that more dewy finish.
I did find it to be long wearing and passed the test in the Durban heat and humidity.

Here is a quick overview of the features and benefits of this foundation:

24-hour long wear 
Natural matte finish
Blurs pores and imperfections
Promotes improved skin texture

Oil-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free and fragrance-free
Non-comedogenic
Hypoallergenic
Dermatologist-tested
Designed for all skin types 
Provides SPF 20 non-chemical, mineral-based sun protection
30 meticulously calibrated shades
Sweat-resistant, water-resistant, humidity-resistant and heat-resistant
Transfer-resistant 
Does not ash or grey on dark or deep skintones
I have to be honest, I was a little disappointed in this foundation, on paper
it seemed a perfect option for me, especially considering its full coverage,
contains that all important SPF 20 and
being sweat/humidity/heat resistant,all features that you don't see being 
promoted in a foundation.
Remember, this is only my first impressions, trying the sample was enough
for me to realise that the matte finish and the feel of the foundation 
on my skin just didn't do it for me...

So this foundation won't be added to my UK Shopping List unlike
the IT Cosmetics CC Cream which has already been added to the 
re-purchase list...

Click Here to read my IT COSMETICS CC Cream review


BAREPRO™ Performance Wear Liquid Foundation
30ml

R
Not available in SA

£
29

$
34


No comments:

Post a Comment