12 November 2017

QUICKIE PRODUCT REVIEWS {QPR} NOVEMBER 2017


I have 3 products this month that warrant an inclusion in my QPR post.
I was sent the first product from Catrice to review and the other 2 were 
purchased by myself.
Let me know in the comments below if you have used any of these and whether
 you liked them or not...






Brand : Catrice
Product : Volumising Lip Balm
Price : R89.95


Verdict :
This delicate natural pink lip balm is soft and creamy and feels comfortable on the lips
 thanks to the inclusion of Shea Butter, but I'm not
sure that it had any volumising effect on my lips.It does however have a cooling
effect that makes the lips have a slight tingle, which I enjoyed.
This balm is ideal to keep in your bag to either use on its own or pop over any 
colour of lipstick.I loved the outer packaging of this lip balm, but unfortunately the bullet 
doesn't wind fully down and you have to be careful every time you place the 
cap back on otherwise you take chunks out of the lip balm.



6/10


~~~~~~



Brand : NYX
Product : Soft Matte Lip Cream
Price : R120


Verdict :
I'd heard only good things about this Soft Matte Lip Cream from NYX and I was
 impressed, as the name suggests it's soft and creamy and glide on easily,
 which isn't always the case with matte lip products.
The longevity of the colour was good and it didn't dry out the lips.
I was unsure of which shade to opt for and the shade Stockholm 
(the shades all have names of cities) wasn't ideal, 
as it's a little too brown for my colouring, but I would definitely repurchase 
another more suitable shade.





8/10


~~~~~~







Brand : Wet n Wild
Product : photofocus Foundation
Price : R99.95


Verdict :

Not a brand I've used any product from before and
I'm not really the target market for this foundation, but I had heard some 
good things and I wanted to try and see for myself.
 As the name suggests its perfect for when you need to be "photo ready"
and that includes ready for "selfies". 
It's formulated to cut down on any flashback from a camera or sun and in turn
provide a flawless and picture perfect finish.
It also comes in a great array of 20 shades.
For me this foundation is full coverage and offers a matte finish which I don't
generally wear.The packaging feels more high end and the paddle spatula allows 
for easy application, which I like.Its fluid yet heavy consistency was easy to
 blend and if I were many years younger, then this could well be a
 foundation of choice.

However - what it has made me realise even more,
there's a good reason why the dewy and light reflecting foundations are better suited 
for the older womans skin.





7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment