18 June 2017

RAIN BIOLOGIE HAIR RANGE {REVIEW}

 Rain is and has been my favourite local skincare brand for several years now and I often mention them on my social media platforms and write product reviews on this blog.

Admittedly Rain is not a brand that I would normally consider for hair care as I have, for as long as I can remember, always purchased professional salon hair care products and never had any issues in more than 35 years of sticking to the salon brands.

Recently Rain very generously sent me a gift of the 3 Biologie hair products below following a post I wrote about an unpleasant hair experience I had with some Dove hair products that left me with an itchy and sensitive scalp. 
Rain wanted me to give my hair some of the Rain 'Natural" TLC treatment and looking at the ingredients and the values of the Biologie range that's just what my hair and scalp needed.

The Biologie collection of products is proudly eco-ethical, formulated using organically certified botanical ingredients and sustainably wild-harvested plant oils and extracts.
Biologie products are biodegradable, environment-friendly, specialized products designed to care for hair, feet and hands.






Biologie All Natural Shampoo




The all natural Shampoo not only makes you hair smell fresh and clean, but it certainly cleanses the hair well.
 (Thinking about it I can't remember the last time my hair felt literally squeaky clean.)
Packed with vitamins and natural ingredients my scalp felt comforted and it felt
good to cleanse away the product build up that happens over time and I did write about this in a previous post about My Hair Detox

This shampoo is quite runny in consistancy ,more so than other shampoos that I have tried.
It also doesn't lather just as well as non natural shampoos do, but don't be fooled into thinking its not cleansing the hair as well, as it does.

Ingredients

*Baobab Extract: 
contains Vitamins A, D, E & F

Glycerin: 
reduces skin dryness, humectant, moisturizing, increases skin hydration

Sesame Oil: 
treats dry skin, skin-softening

Rooibos Extract: 
antioxidant rich, contains Vitamin D

Hydrolised Wheat Protein: 
conditioning
*Wild Harvested Ingredients

Fragranced with Essential Oils: 
Spearmint, Rosemary

Natural/Naturally Derived > 99%
Biodegradability > 97%


Lather into hair then rinse thoroughly with warm water. Repeat. Follow with conditioner.

250ml/R165

55ml/R59
~~~~~~

Biologie 100% Natural Hair Conditioner





All natural and organic ingredients are used in this nourishing conditioner to best condition the hair and scalp, which is exactly what I needed. 

Ingredients



Jojoba Oil: 

humectant, protects skin, prevents moisture loss, has analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antibacterial properties

*Marula Oil: 
moisturizing, suitable for dry, damaged and fragile hair, improves skin hydration and smoothness, reduces skin redness

Sesame Oil: 
treats dry skin, skin-softening

Hydrolised Wheat Protein: 
conditioning

*Wild Harvested Ingredients

Natural/Naturally Derived > 96%
Biodegradability > 97%

This lightweight Conditioner whilst nourishing doesn't leave the hair feeling "weighed down" or coated with product like so many conditioners can. My hair felt soft and again the fragrance from the inclusion of the essential oils of Spearmint and Rosemary linger beautifully in the hair.

I do need to use a conditioner every time I wash my hair due to it being highlighted and without using, my hair would be not only dry but also very damaged due to the 
sometimes lengthy detangling process, however whilst most conditioners aide with this process I have tried some that seem to aggravate, but the Biologie 100% Natural Hair Conditioner coped well.

It's not only easy to use (in the normal way) but also easy to rinse out.

Massage into wet hair after shampooing and rinsing. Leave for a few minutes and then rinse gently.I also discovered that this conditioner could be left in the hair much longer to act as a lighter hair mask. 
I must make mention of their packaging as its simple and the flip top lids on the shampoo and conditioner make it so much easier to use in the shower.
They also retail the shampoo and conditioner in the smaller 55ml size, which is not only great for travelling, but handy if you just want to try the products before investing in the larger sizes.

250ml/R165
55ml/R59

~~~~~~



Biologie Mineral Rich Hair Mud Mask 





This was a first for me as I had never used  a mud hair mask before and I was intrigued with its story.

A moisture increasing hair mask made with bioactive organic mud from a 30,000 year old fresh water lake source in eastern Europe.

Whilst this product has a much thinner consistency than I expected and it does smell slightly earthy, it delivers well on the moisturising and nourishing front, as it left my hair feeling deeply conditioned, but again without leaving any oily residue on the strands of hair and I do highly recommend the plastic wrap method to increase the product penetration.

Wash hair as normal. Lightly towel dry. Apply the mud liberally .
 Leave on between 10 to 30 minutes (if possible cover hair with a plastic to increase warmth and absorption) Rinse thoroughly and style hair as normal. May be used weekly.

Ingredients


Organic Silt : 
a powerful anti-oxidant & high in chlorophyll, carotenoids and toco¬pherols. Actives in the mud increase cell turnover and leave your hair feeling richly nourished, smooth and soft. 

Jojoba Wax : 
high anti-oxidant activity, free radical scavenger 

Marula Oil* : 
high anti-oxidant activity, free radical scavenger, a natural tissue oil, helps to reduce dryness and breakages in hair.

Spearmint Leaf Oil : 
helps with headaches, migraines, nervous strain, fatigue and stress 

Tocopherol (Vitamin E) : 
protects hair and skin from cancer causing free radicals 

Sesame Seed Oil : 
hair and skin softener

*Wild Harvested African Oils


Natural/Naturally Derived > 100%

240ml/R210


Overall:

I was impressed with this trio of natural hair care products and my scalp seems to have been calmed, soothed and gentle treated after several weeks of use and the itchiness has completely disappeared (thankfully).
Combined the products have left my hair feeling less weighed down with oils and in return my hair feels thicker and fuller.
If you are looking to change to a natural hair care range or if you suffer from a sensitive scalp whether temporary or permanent then check out these products from Rain.

"Thank You" 
Rain for showing me a 100% natural way of caring for my hair and scalp.




To find out more and order on line visit


No comments:

Post a Comment