22 June 2017

MY PEDICURE AT THE SILO HOTEL SPA

Several weeks ago I flew down to Cape Town to visit a good friend for a few days and besides having a lovely time in the 'Mother City" I visited a new Spa on the Cape Town beauty scene and what a lovely experience it was...



The Silo Spa is located on the fourth floor of the recently opened Silo Hotel and it's a magical hotel that has been built in the grain elevator portion of the historic grain silo complex, which towers above the V&A Waterfront. 
The views from the Silo rooftop command 360 degree views of Cape Town and is well worth a visit before you visit the spa.

The Silo Spa, has five treatment rooms, two of which can be made into a couple’s room.The Silo Spa is a tranquil space in which guests can relax and indulge in the latest therapies and spa techniques. There’s also a gym, sauna and a dedicated manicure and pedicure area. 
As always my "go to"  salon treatment is a pedicure and there is just something wonderful about having my "tootsies" pampered and painted.
Having had many pedicures in my time I was excited to see what points of difference the Silo Spa had to offer.
Upon entering the spa you immediately sense the calm and tranquillity partly due to the stylish off white decor, but also due to the calmness of the therapists, which was most welcome after the hustle and bustle of four days in Cape Town.




My appointment and arrival was professionally handled and I was also given some interesting background to this unique hotel.
I was offered the option of either a complimentary herbal tea from their tea menu or a glass of cold fruit infused water, which was served alongside a cute bowl of South African dried fruit and nuts, which was a lovely touch.




I was shown to my personal change room which housed a beautiful shower, basin, toilet and vanity table, where my fluffy soft gown and slippers were waiting.
I was also super impressed that the both the Hotel and Spa offered amenities from Penhaligons and as if it couldn't get any better it was the Quercus fragrance, which is my absolute favourite from their vast fragrance collection.






Once gowned I was shown through to the dedicated pedicure area where my unfinished drink and nibbles tray awaited.
As you can see from the photos the tranquil and calming cream palette continued throughout the spa and the longer I was there the more relaxed I became.






Without doubt the spa has been well designed and the fixtures and fittings are of a quality and beauty that what you would expect in a 5* Hotel & Spa, but all too often I have been let down some of these 5* exquisite establishments, by sub standard treatments performed by inexperienced therapists, but this was not the case with the Silo Spa...




My therapist was the lovely and attentive Coleen and I could tell within the first 5 minutes that she knew what she was doing and that I was in her very capable hands.

(I must make mention here, that like many salons and spas are now doing, they do not soak the feet prior, which is a pity as to me it its one of the most relaxing part of a pedicure.
Once Coleen saw my disappointment she did offer to do a pre soak but I wanted her to keep to the normal routine of the 60 minute "Total Pedicure" as booked)

Other than the soaking issue I could not fault the pedicure at all, especially as the therapist recognised that I needed some real TLC with regards to cuticles and the build up of hard skin on the pressure points of my feet and that's exactly what she focused on.
I have never had a pedicure where so much of this work has been done, as all to many therapists just flit over these areas without actually achieving very much.

The Spa offers CND range of nail polishes and treatments (I chose a pink Tutti Fruity) and the painting was good.

After over an hour of complete relaxation and pampering it was time to leave, but I will be back for another pedicure and one of their many other treatments that they have on offer.
 I highly recommend a visit to The Silo Spa and be sure to ask for Coleen.

I do advise though, to book in advance as the Silo Spa is open to the public subject to availability



TOTAL PEDICURE
A complete pedicure. Includes lacquer application. 
60mins 
R450

For further info or bookings contact:

The Silo Hotel, 
Silo Square, 
V&A Waterfront, 
Cape Town, 
8001,
 South Africa +27 (0) 21 670 0510 
spa@thesilohotel.com 






No comments:

Post a Comment