25 June 2017

L'OCCITANE IMMORTELLE CREAM MASK {REVIEW}

Since the beginning of the year I have been on a bit of a "masking" mission and I've not only discovered some great masks, but my skin has really appreciated the extra weekly masking care.

Immortelle is one of L'Occitane's core anti ageing ingredients and having used many of the Immortelle products before I don't think I have every written a review on their Cream Mask and it was only when I lifted a sample of my sample jar did I realise that a review is long overdue.

Over ten years ago, L’OCCITANE revealed and patented the exceptional anti-ageing powers of Corsican Immortelle – the only variety that contains an incredibly high concentration of active ingredients.
Immortelle is known as the everlasting flower: it never fades, even after it has been picked. Its organic essential oil is rich in active molecules with unique anti-ageing properties. 





The Cream Mask is a dual treatment that is ideal for normal to very dry skin. Its ultra-rich texture boasts truly nourishing properties and keep your skin comfortable whatever the weather, particularly during very cold periods. Its specific formulation combines pure Immortelle essential oil, moisturising agents, vitamin A and vitamin E.

Organic Immortelle essential oil
Vitamin E
Rice peptides 
Vitamin A 
Glycerin






My skin was left feeling smooth, moisturised, intensively nourished and comfortable, and I had forgotten just what a luxurious mask this was...


How to use: 

Dry to very dry skin: 
as a cream, apply to clean face and neck in the evening. It can be used with the Elixir for a more intensive action. This is my preferred method of use.

Normal to dry skin: 

as a mask, apply a thick layer all over the face and leave on for 5-10 minutes. Simply remove any excess with a tissue. Alternatively, rinse off with Essential Water for face. Use once or twice a week.

Initially the price tag of R1145 may seem steep, but I must point out that very few face masks are offered in such a large size, as most are 50mls or 75mls, so ml for ml it really is on a par with other face masks from premium skincare brands.
This cream mask has the "dual use" option and can be used as an ongoing anti-ageing night cream.
I personally think the price point restricts many from experiencing the delights of this  superb, rich, nourishing mask and I would love to see a smaller version available not only to make the product more affordable, but more importantly to preserve the efficiency. 125mls of contents will take a long time to use and being in an open jar it really doesn't lend itself to being contamination free or at its most active for the duration.
I think L'Occitane need to re look at the packaging of this great product, or maybe they already are...

Available from L'Occitane Boutiques Countywide


To order online


125ml

R1145

£58


5 comments:

  1. The L'OCCITANE IMMORTELLE Cream Mask had been discontinued. Do you have any suggestions for an alternative product equally as good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks for leaving a comment, yes its really anoying as it was quite a unique mask and much loved.I recently reviewed the sort of replacement, the Overnight mask and it did nothing, very disappointed not a patch on the Cream Mask.If you type in MASK in my search bar you can check out the ones that I've reviewed and the nearest one,but its pricy, is the Susanne Kaufman.Good Luck

      Delete
    2. Looking online, I see that the wonderful Creme mask is still sold in some parts of Asia on the L'Occitane sites, but I may be wrong.

      Delete
  2. Tell me about it this mask was absolutely amazing I have been using it for 10 years plus I have tried other products but nothing comes close. But I did manage to go into a L’occitane store near where I live and speak to a colleague in the store she did mention that it has been discontinued but she did have a jar left which I was so happy about. I only now use it for special occasions lets hope they bring it back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea its irritating I know,nothing comes close, but lucky you've managed to find one....enjoy it!

      Delete