19 March 2017

GARNIER EXPRESS 2 in 1 EYE MAKE-UP REMOVER (REVIEW)


I'm still on a mission to bring you reviews on budget eye make-up removers and gauging by the selection on offer this series of posts will run on my blog for months, if not for years to come.This particular review is long overdue, as I purchased the Garnier Express 2 in 1 Eye Make-Up Remover back in November from Boots in the UK.


Garnier Express 2 in 1 Eye Make-Up Remover

I hadn't seen it here in South Africa, so I thought I would give it a whirl around my eyes and report back to you.
I've been using this product "on and off", but I've delayed writing this post, due to the fact I was undecided as to whether I actually liked this product or not.
I generally prefer bi-phase products (those are the ones that generally have an oil phase and a lotion or water phase and the bottle needs to be shaken well) but for some reason this one didn't grab me initially, wanting to give it a chance to redeem itself I went back to give it another whirl and I then l discovered I quite enjoyed it.
Having said this I continued to yo-yo backwards and forwards with my indecision, hence my delay, as I didn't want to be unfair with my review.

I soon realised that it tackled the removal of my eye make-up really quickly and efficiently on some days, yet on other days it seemed to battle, whereas all of the other eye-make-up removers  that I've put to the test handled the same eye make-up consistently with ease.
I found this quite baffling, as it claims to be formulated to ultra-efficiently remove all eye make-up even waterproof, it's also enriched with Arginine to protect and condition the lashes.
Even though it's all the usual Opthalmogically tested, fragrance free, can be used on sensitive eyes and leaves no greasy residue, it also claims "No Rubbing Required". 

Unfortunately on those days when it struggled to remove my make-up I did resort to some rubbing to fully remove, which isn't recommended for the skin around the eye and especially for my crepey eyelids.
In my opinion, even though I shook the bottle well before use,I believe the ratio of oil/water mixture becomes imbalanced and hence the oil content is reduced meaning that the ease of removal of waterproof mascara or eyeliner becomes more difficult.
This is only my personal explanation, but if I'm correct then why haven't I experienced this before with other bi-phase removers.

Based on this I wouldn't re-purchase, which is disappointing as I'm a huge fan of many of the Garnier cleansing products and nobody formulates Micellar Waters...
 better than Garnier.


Garnier Express 2 in 1 Eye Make-Up Remover

125mls

As far as I am aware this product is not yet available in South Africa


£3.49



Previous reviews on Garnier products








No comments:

Post a Comment