3 January 2014

BELLEVUE CAFE REVISITED



Some time ago I wrote about Bellevue Cafe in Kloof and said then, that I wanted to go back and take my "hubby", which I did on the 29th December and it just happened to be our wedding anniversary. We popped along there for breakfast and the place was busy. I have to say that I love everything about this eatery from the vibey atmosphere to the great food and slick service.
It also reminds of many of those Cape Town cafes where you really want to linger longer and people watch.....

I ordered the special breaky off the chalk board - scrambled eggs with Chorizo, tomato salsa and rocket on toasted ciabatta (R50) which I really enjoyed and it wouldn't be too difficult to replicate at home...even for me!


Chorizo Scramble R50


My hubby was also suitably impressed even though his first breakfast option of savoury mince,cheddar and 2 poached eggs on toast (R60) was unavailable. He opted for the spicy chicken livers with eggs (R50) and it obviously satisfied his need for something spicy, so much so, that he even suggested we return for dinner one evening, which I didn't discourage, despite the schlep from Umhlanga Rocks.


Spicy Chicken Livers and Poached Egg R60


As I soon discovered his desire to return could have something to do with the range of Craft beers that they carry...and not to mention that they stock his "fave" Jack Black lager from Cape Town, so guess who will be his chauffeur that night?

Opening Times:

Mon-Fri 7am-9pm
Sat 8.30-9pm
Sunday 9am-3pm

5 Bellevue Road, Kloof, Durban
Call 031 717 2780



1 comment: