6 November 2013

INGLOT 02M NAIL ENAMEL {REVIEW}



Nail Polish, Nail Varnish, Nail Enamels whatever you want to call them, 
they are all the same or are they? 
Apparently not and one of the newest technologies comes from the Polish brand 
INGLOT 
by the way of 02M Nail Enamel which uses a revolutionary breathable formula.
INGLOT 
have an extensive range of nail colours and nail treatment products e.g. 
ridge fillers,cuticle oil, cuticle removing gel to name but a few.

At this point I can guess what most people are probably thinking,
 as I thought the same, but let's hear about this breathable formula...

- Originally used mainly for contact lenses, KS-02 polymer:

- significantly increases oxygen permeability of the nail enamel

- ensures water vapour permeability of the nail enamel

- facilitates spreading of the varnish

- reduces film tightness


I am sure you will agree, it all sounds very advanced and technical,
 yet I have been using nail polish for nearly 30 years and I am really not "getting" 
the need for this kind of enamel, as I have never experienced film tightness 
or the need to facilitate the spreading of the varnish, as nowadays any 
decent polish spreads well. 
If you are looking for a healthier option of nail enamel then perhaps
 this is the one to buy!

In my quest to get an "understanding" for this product I did some research and soon realized, what was originally created as a "healthy" option has become 
a "must have" by many women of the Muslim faith.
Ok I know, you may be confused right now and you are wondering what does 
religion have to do with a nail varnish. 
Take your eyes back up to the features of this breathable formula
and there lies the answer - ensure water vapour permeability of the nail enamel!

A “breathable” nail polish is said to be halal (allowed by Islamic law) and provides no obstacle for women who want to complete their wudhu (ablution) before the daily prayers.
Nail polish is considered inconsistent with wudhu because of the physical layer it creates over the nails. This prevents water from cleansing the nails, which is a requirement for wudhu.
Therefore, a woman would have remove her nail polish every time she needs to renew her wudhu, which may mean removing and re-varnishing several times a day.However it seems like this new formula nail enamel has caused some controversy, despite being hugely popular in many Muslim countries.



Be that as it may, what are my opinions on this polish! 

1. The bottle was easy in the hand.
2. The width of the brush made it really easy to apply.
3. The spreadability of the product was no different to any other good polish.
4. Quick drying.
5. I found, despite my nails being clean and I mixed the bottle thoroughly
 before use,the polish deposited tiny flecks of beads on my nail
 (Not dissimilar to the dust left behind after filing your nails)
This meant that the finish was not smooth.
5. I also found it to chip literally after a day of wearing.
6. The colour also faded on my nails and lost its intensity.


The INGLOT O2M NAIL ENAMEL
retails in South Africa for R159 which is pricey!

Would I buy it again? 
No, as I really could not see any short term benefit of using this product, 
but I did love the colour.
 I bought shade 607 and if they had a color in their collection that I just 
had to have then I would consider buying again.

Stockists:
Woolworths
and you can order online

www.inglotsouthafrica.com

Source




2 comments:

  1. As a muslim woman, this nail enamel intrigued me. I therefore went out and bought it immediately, however I was disappointed by the same issues you mentioned above, chipping, colur intensity etc. The biggest disappointment being, that when I rested the water permeability, it didn’t work! Even after trying the method they recommended I am still not convinced that it is truly halaal. Hence, the controversy!

    Thanks for the review, I was rather interested to see what a non-muslim would think of the product. It’s comforting to know I’m not the only one who thought it was a bit pricey especially for the quality!

    Rushda xoxo

    http://www.rubescloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving a comment.As a test I have applied another layer of this polish every night to not only refresh the colour but to see if it lasted any longer ,but no, it still chipped and faded, so this is literally a one day wonder
    for me and a rather expensive one at that!

    ReplyDelete