7 October 2013

SMASHBOX O-PLUMP INTUITIVE LIP PLUMPER {REVIEW}



smashbox arrived in South Africa last year and falls under the Estee Lauder umbrella of companies.
Born out of the smashbox Studios in Los Angeles,
great grandsons Dean & Davis Factor, of make up legend Max Factor, were inspired by their
"A" list clients to develop Smashbox Cosmetics to meet the demanding needs of the professional shoot.


R220


Smashbox O-Plump Intuitive Lip Plumper with Goji Berry C Complex is the first product that I have ever bought or used from Smashbox.
There are several products out there claiming to "plump up" your lips, make your lips appear to have more volume etc., but do they really work? 
As with everything, some people will say yes whilst others will say no, however I was hoping to have some degree of success with this Smashbox product, as it is one of their best sellers worldwide, but obviously I don't expect to get the Angelina Pout...

Several years ago I enjoyed an Yves Saint Laurent lip colour that had a slight plumping effect, but it has since been discontinued, so I have no other experience of "Lip Plumpers".
I must make mention that this lip plumper has an important word in its name...Intuitive.
This clever lip plumper is the first of its kind, as it intuitively reacts with your personal chemistry and turns your lips to their own custom shade of pink even though the silky formula goes on as a clear gloss.




Upon application the colour is sheer and after several minutes the colour does change according to your chemistry, into a subtle shade of pink. The texture is moisturizing and gives a glossy finish all of which I liked, but the most noticeably effect of this clever little product is the tingle,which you cannot ignore.
I have to admit it took me by surprise, as it really tingles, so much so, I thought ,I maybe was having a reaction to it. I am sure that this sensation will vary from person to person and the sensation on me lasted for 30 mins or so, but in a slightly sadistic way, I loved it. As for plumping my lips, its hard to say, as I had a feeling that they were plumper, but I suspect that its more through the tingling sensation, that makes you think that are more voluptuous rather, than there being an increase in size.

The ingredients:

Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract & Goji Berry Extract: Increases microcirculation.
Gingermint: Stimulates and plump lips.
Vitamin C & Pomegranate Seed Oil: Contains antioxidants.
Marine Botanicals: Energizes cells. 

Besides the obvious stimulating ingredients above I also spotted that this product has Capsicum Frutescens Fruit Extract, which is an extract from the Capsicum fruit or more commonly know as the Chilli pepper, hence the intense tingle and I would imagine, a product not to be used by anyone that has an allergic reaction to Peppers or Chilli's.
It also contains Wintergreen,Spearmint and Peppermint.

Would I buy again?

Yes I would, but at R220 for a 10ml tube it is on the pricey side, however the glossy pale pink shade it turns on my bare lips and that tingle will keep me going back for more!

smashbox is available at selected Edgars, Red Squares, Foschini and Woolworths stores.







2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete