27 February 2017

NUXE COMFORTING CLEANSING MILK & GENTLE TONING LOTION WITH ROSE PETALS {REVEIW}

The French skincare brand NUXE is slowly but surely creeping more into my daily beauty regime and I don't mind at all...
I have reviewed several of their products to date and non have disappointed, unlike some brands that I sometimes have a "love hate" relationship with.
To read my previous reviews on NUXE products click on the Pink Links at the end of this post.


NUXE Comforting Cleansing Milk & Gentle Toning Lotion with Rose Petals


NUXE has been around for the past 20 years and has become a hugely popular and well respected drugstore brand in France, but don't be fooled into thinking it carries a budget price tag here in South Africa, as the price point pitches itself somewhere between
 "high end" budget and the "lower end" of the more expensive French ranges available here.

I've been on a mission over the past year or so to bring you reviews on a variety of affordable drugstore cleansing milks and toners, all in an attempt to save money without comprising quality and having found some cleansing and toning "gems", I recently opted to up the cleansing stakes a little and purchased the NUXE Comforting Cleansing Milk and the NUXE Gentle Toning Lotion both with Rose Petals.
This paraben free duo is formulated for sensitive or normal to dry skins and was perfect choice for "moi".

Admittedly I was drawn firstly to the soft pink packaging, then the handy pump dispenser on the cleanser, which I wished more cleansers came with and then the mention of Rose Petals and I was "sold" before I had even tried the products.

Besides having a delicate rose fragrance the cleansing milk, whilst feeling gentle on my skin, had a rich velvety feel that very effectively removed make-up and impurities and left my skin feeling comforted, soft and perfectly cleansed.

Macadamia Oil is the key ingredient along with Damascena Rose flower water and Allantoin and these contribute to the 94.1% of ingredients that are derived from natural origin.
It can be used morning and evening all over the face, eyes and neck and can also be used to remove eye make-up, but I prefer to use a dedicated eye make-up remover as I didn't find it effective or speedy enough.
I enjoyed the luxurious softness and the comfort my skin felt after using this cleanser, which is often lacking in the cheaper options.




The Gentle Toning Lotion perfectly compliments the cleansing milk and as you would expect it leaves the skin feeling refreshed, soothed and soft.
Its alcohol and paraben free formula is also made up of 97.4% of natural origin ingredients.
This toner also works well to soothe and decongest, when a soaked cotton pad is placed over the eye area.

In between reviewing other cleansers and toners for my blog this cleansing and toning duo will without a doubt be my "go-to", especially as my previous favourite duo from the French brand Yves Rocher has been discontinued here in South Africa.

Available in selected Truworths and Woolworths countrywide




Cleansing Milk & Gentle Toner
200mls

R220

£14

$20






No comments:

Post a Comment