12 January 2017

M·A·C VIVA GLAM II SATIN LIPSTICK - MY PERFECT SUMMER NUDE






I don't generally do reviews on lipsticks unless they really impress me and this one from  M·A·C Cosmetics did just that.
Let me give you some background for this review, I'm a bit of a lipstick whore and I actually wrote a post about it some time ago.



My problem is, I'm totally disloyal when it comes to lipstick purchases,as in all my years of wearing lipstick I don't think I've ever re purchased a specific lipstick or colour...
Despite having many, I'm a great mixer of colours, so I often either make a colour lighter or darker by using two shades, however this could be about to change, as I think I have found my perfect "go to" daily nude summer shade - Viva Glam II



M·A·C Viva Glam II Satin Lipstick R240 



Back in 1994 M·A·C launched their now iconic Viva Glam deep red, which was followed in 1997 by Viva Glam II - a pink mauve shade, so my perfect nude has been out there for the past 20 years and I've only discovered it now!
Periodically over the years M·A·C have released a total of 6 Viva Glam shades in a variety of finishes, but the Viva Glam II is only available in the satin finish.



Viva Glam II



I find this "lippie" to glide on smoothly and evenly and it perfectly provides a soft satin, semi-matte conditioning finish.
I often find that the colour in a lipstick bullet doesn't translate onto the lips the same, but this is the same both on and off the lips. 
The stay ability is relatively good and I find it mixes easily with any other lipstick or gloss I chose to combine it with, but for me it's my perfect summer shade and I can already sense that a re -purchase of this easy wearing shade is on the cards, which is a first for Moi...

Not only is this my new found best lipstick friend, but it's also for a good cause as
for the past 20 years every cent of the selling price of a VIVA GLAM Lipstick is donated to the M·A·C AIDS Fund to support men, women, and children living with HIV and AIDS.


Available at M·A·C counters countrywide or online




No comments:

Post a Comment