9 November 2015

L'ORÉAL TRUE MATCH SUPER-BLENDABLE FOUNDATION {REVIEW}

Too light, too dark, not enough coverage, feels heavy, goes "cakey", doesn't blend easily,  
I am sure these remarks will sound familiar to most of us when trying to find the correct shade of foundation. Foundations are perhaps the most difficult of all make up items to buy and it does often take some "hit and miss" attempts until we find that "one" that will be our daily "go to" foundation.
I've used foundations from many of the houses, but for sometime now I have been using a couple from the Estée Lauder stable and have been relatively happy.


L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Foundation R185


I came across the L'Oréal True Match Super-Blendable Foundation via a few (non sponsored) overseas blogger posts, where they all raved about it, so off to Clicks I excitedly trotted to investigate further!

This product is no newcomer to the foundation scene, as it's been around for several years, however it recently went under a make-over itself and was re packaged and re formulated, so not having used the previous version I have nothing to compare it with. 

I have to say that my first impression of the bottle was one of quality, as the pump action, squared off, expensive feeling bottle fits comfortably into your hand and it's really easy to control the amount you dispense, so we were off to a good start!





Thankfully I ignored the Clicks consultants recommendation and opted for the shade 3.R/3.C Rose Beige,which really was a True Match for my skin, as opposed to the yellow undertone shade she recommended.They do have a good selection of shades (21 Internationally) on offer, so I suggest that you try the testers of several to find your true match.

I wasn't expecting the light texture of the foundation to feel so creamy and fluid, hence the ability to be Super Blendable and it truly is! 
It has to be one of the easiest foundations to apply, as the formula just glides onto the skin and allows you time to blend the foundation, whether it be with your fingers or a brush, without it drying and becoming cakey. 
I was super happy with the medium - high coverage that the ultra fine, skin perfecting pigments give and the foundation is buildable, whilst still giving my skin a natural matte, yet radiant finish. 
I have a normal to dry skin and used over my regular moisturiser, without a primer, I cannot dispute LOréals claim of 24hr Hydration and with a primer, or radiance enhancing product, 
it was even better. 

As though I wasn't impressed enough it just got better and better, as it's a foundation that is long wearing and I mean "looong" wearing, it really looked good after many hours of wear.
Throw in an SPF 17 and this is a well performing foundation. 
This product is all that it claims to be and I cannot find anything to fault it on, 
even the price is good R185.

I sincerely doubt that there will be anymore foundation reviews from me for a while, as I want to just carry on for now enjoying my new found foundation friend, which is a 

"True Match"




Available from 





No comments:

Post a Comment