21 September 2015

MAC PRO LONGWEAR LIPCREME {REVIEW}





MAC are the pros when it comes to all make up and as I have recently discovered they have an exciting selection of lip products ranging from lip primers, lip pencils,conditioners and an array of different formula lipsticks to suit every taste (excuse the pun).
I feel rather embarrassed to say, that this is the first MAC lipstick that I have tried..
Shame on Me!


MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme


I was recently given several lip products and this Pro Longwear Lipcreme was amongst them. Initially I was hesitant about the colour "So Very Good", as it wouldn't have been my normal choice, but how wrong I was. 
It really is a "wear with anything" shade and after several flattering comments from my friends who, unbeknown to me, all seem to have several MAC "Lippies" in their handbags.
 It was then that I realised, maybe I should have ventured over to, not only the darker side of lipsticks, but also MAC ....
long ago!

There isn't just one reason as to why I really enjoy wearing my new found lipstick friend, but many.
I found the MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme to tick all of my "lipstick" boxes:

  • It's a lightweight cream lipstick that you hardly know you are wearing and it doesn't need to have a top coat, but I'm a lip balm user throughout the day and often apply over my lipstick and what was so nice , I could still do this without lipstick reapplication, as the colour just didn't budge.
  • This has to be the longest lasting lipstick on the planet, that's just my opinion, but MAC say for up to 12 hours and I agree.
  • Something that I didn't expect to experience was the the even and true colour that this lipstick offers throughout the day.
  • Despite being a Creme lipstick it gives a more matte finish than I am used to, yet it felt comfortable on my lips and I didn't experience any dehydrating sensation, which can be a problem with many long lasting lipsticks.
  • For any mature ladies out there like myself and if you suffer from lipstick bleed or feathering, which does unfortunately become worse with age, I am happy to report that it just doesn't happen with the MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme.
  • My last box to be ticked and it's a "biggie" for me..no more lipstick transfer, whether it be on a coffee cup or someones cheek..success - no more embarrising wipes of the recipients cheek.


The Pro Longwear Lipcreme retails for 
R240 
and its worth every "Lippie" cent.


I have very kindly decided to share my findings with you 
(unlike my "so called friends" who kept the MAC lipsticks a secret from me)  
and
I highly recommend that you check out the MAC lip products at your nearest MAC store
To find out more about stockists or order online visit




2 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel

    Thank you so much for this post. I am having such issues finding a Matte looking but non drying Lipstick to wear. And knowing me the bolder he better.

    I am not a fan of shiny nor sticky lipstick, Lipgloss. And my pet peeve is seeing lipstick stains on glasses and straws. Much like the rest of my products, I want to feel like I don't need to look into a mirror every 5 seconds.

    I too hang my head in silent shame as I have not used a MAC product that I know of, but have heard amazing things about the brand.

    YAY! I will most certainly be looking out for the MAC Creme Lipstick Range the next time I am out.

    #LoveAndTravelHugs©
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for your comment. It sounds like this MAC lipstick formula could be what you are looking for.They have around 20 shades and what I find great is that you can gloss over if you want to and once the gloss has been licked or worn off..lol...your lips still have the MAC colour. Let me know how you go, the MAC girls will advise and test the colours on you...Good Luck!

      Delete