17 September 2015

KIEHLS MIDNIGHT RECOVERY EYE - REVIEW


Being a mature blogger the focus of my blog is primarily about Skincare especially Anti-Ageing, which I always take very seriously, so much so that you will never read a review based on a couple of days or even a months usage of the specific product under review. 
I normally test my skincare products for a minimum of 3 months and sometimes even longer. 


Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye 15ml R450


Thankfully for the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye - I did just that.
Initially I was very underwhelmed with this eye product and seriously wondered what all the fuss was about! 
Was this eye product just "piggy backing" on the success of its more famous companion  Midnight Recovery Concentrate.      

I have used an eye product since my early twenties and I dread to think how many tubes and jars filled with the promise of younger looking eyes, I've gone through. 
The Midnight Recovery Eye is specifically formulated to help improve the skins appearance around the delicate eye area in order to achieve fresher, younger looking eyes by reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Nothing new here....as all eye creams basically claim the same, however after an unimpressive slow start, I began to notice a softening off the fine lines and a marked smoothness of the skin around the eye area. 
I always believe in the concept of "Less is More" and most of us are culprits of applying too much product in the hope that it will miraculously work quicker or better. 
For several weeks I used this nightly eye cream sparingly and found it to under nourish and really not be of any benefit to me at all, that was until I stepped up the amount that I dispensed from the handy needle point nozzle. Even though I adopted a "More is More" attitude, which is contrary to what I normally advocate, in this instance it achieved results.

I was ready to write this product off, but with a little tweaking and patience I am now writing a more positive review. I would recommend for a younger person who is looking for a preventative eye cream but unfortunately I need the bigger "Guns" where eye creams are concerned.

Formulated with Butcher’s Broom, Squalane, Evening Primrose and Lavender this product is also Paraben-free, fragrance-free and mineral oil-free. I was also surprised as to how long the 15ml tube of Midnight Recovery Eye lasted and I believe that the controllabilty that you have with a needle point nozzle aids this, as there is little or no wastage.


"Is the Midnight Recovery Eye "piggy backing"?
No I don't think so, as it can stand quite well on its own merit!

Retail Price R450 
15ml

Available at selected Edgars



1 comment: