27 March 2015

IN PURSUIT OF THE PERFECT PEDI {TEREMOK SPA}


Over the years I have had many pedicures, some good, some bad and some that have left me physically injured!
To me a pedicure is one of the most enjoyable and relaxing of all the beauty treatments you can have. I have decided to do a series of posts on my experiences with pedicures and rate them accordingly.
***** are up for grabs in the seven scoring areas.

I'm really not expecting to find a perfect pedi on my quest, as I believe its quite a tall ask, but I will bring you my personal findings on the day of each pedicure I experience.

                                                                             Onwards in my quest:






My second "pedi" in my series of posts is from the Teremok Spa in Marine Drive Umhlanga Rocks. The spa forms part of the award winning 5* Teremok Lodge and is true to the meaning of the Russian name, being a “little hideaway” for lodge guests and a discerning outside clientele. The Spa offers all the usual treatments you would expect including two options of pedicures, R260 for a 1hr. Pedicure and R300 for a Paraffin Wax Pedicure. 
I was rather excited to see that they also offer a foot peel for R100, which can be a treatment on its own or an add on to the pedicure, but extra time is required.
 Knowing my views on exfoliation this has to be my next treatment, as I have been assured its excellent, so I am there as soon as time allows and you can be sure a review will be posted.


Koi Pond



1. Booking Process: ****

I phoned at 8.40am to make a booking, but an answering machine came on, so I left my details and someone phoned me soon after to take my phone booking, which was handled professionally and enthusiastically with an sms confirmation being sent soon after.


~~~~~~


2. Bonjour: ****

On my arrival I headed up towards the lodge reception, as I was unsure as to where the spa entrance was, other than a gym sign on a door there was no direction boards that I could see. Once I was directed to the door by the Koi pond I was pleasantly greeted and led through to a relaxation lounge area where I filled in the mandatory details and contra indications questionnaire, which many salons do not do! I had a little chuckle to myself as I noticed a lovely floral box that contained reading glasses for those that had forgotten and needing readers myself...I thought this was a really thoughtful touch and one that I can't say I have seen before.
I was offered a selection if drinks including cappuccino, tea and water which is what I opted for. It was a hot day and the infused water came with welcoming ice! I was shown by my pedicurist Kelly to one of the two treatment rooms and once comfortably settled on the treatment bed my pedi began.



Reading Glasses Box


3. Ambiance:***


The usual "salon" type relaxing music was playing in the background and the room, which did have a beautiful feature wall, was darkened and relaxing, but it seemed a pity that they couldn't somehow create a pedi n mani area to overlook the pool or an outside courtyard area.


Treatment Room


~~~~~~


4. Product : ***

When I was asked to chose my nail colour, I was excited to see a great selection of Essie polishes, if for some reason you are not a fan of Essie, which fortunately I am, then you have no other choice. Teremok Spa offers a wide range of face and body treatments available using products from Dermalogica, Mama Mio and Lillian Terry International, and state-of-the-art BT anti-ageing technology.



~~~~~~


5. Treatment: ***

The treatment that lasted an hour included the obligatory and necessary soak and exfoliation in a plastic washing up bowl...yes a plastic washing up bowl!!  A nice touch at the start if the pedi was a heated bean bag around my neck and shoulders. My pedicurist Kelly was friendly, attentive and experienced. She was thorough and had good firm hands when doing the lower leg massage.The usual foot scraping, cuticle pushing and painting all made for a very pleasant pedi at Teremok Spa.



~~~~~~



6. Au Revoir: ***

My "checkout" was handled efficiently and I was asked if I wanted to make a booking for the foot peel that Kelly sold me on. One of the owners was on hand and asked how I enjoyed my pedi, which is always a nice to see.


~~~~~~


7. Was it a perfect pedi?

Whilst it was a good proffessional pedi, I would recommend the Teremok Spa to ditch the plastic washing up bowl for something a little more "in keeping" with the Spa's upmarket image. I can't wait though to return for another pedi and a foot peel.


Overall ****


Finished Result


Teremok Lodge




To find out more about treatments offered at Teremok Spa


Previous posts In Pursuit of the Perfect Pedi





No comments:

Post a Comment