14 January 2015

L'OCCITANE FRISSON DE VERVEINE {REVIEW}

L'Occitane en Provence produce by far the best collection of Verbena (Verveine) 
fragranced products in the world!
 Verbena is a unisex fragrance and is one of L'Occitanes "Best Selling" ranges, as it really is reminiscent of a
 "Provencal Summer in a Bottle". 

Organically grown in Provence this ordinary looking green plant, when crushed between your fingers releases the most wonderful, energising, citrusy, fresh aroma. 
This is what L'Occitane have managed to capture, so intensely in every Verbena product in their extensive range.


Verbena Plant

For those Verbena devotees and that includes "Moi", we look forward to the reveal each summer of the Verbena Limited Edition collection. Obviously Verbena is the key ingredient used , but it's what they combine it with that creates a new twist to the Verbena, which makes it so interesting. 

Summer 2014 was the year of Frisson de Verveine, which loosely translated means "excitement" or "thrill" of Verbena and I was lucky enough to be receive several products to try and review, 
tough job I know!


Frisson de Verbena  Body Mist, Ice Gel for legs and feet,Edt & Shower Gel

"Shock and surprise" 
were my initial reactions when I spritzed the Eau de Toilette...
"shock" 
because I feel that L'Occitane have ventured away from the usual dominant Verbena presence. "surprise" 
due to the inclusion of cucumber, yes you read correctly...
cucumber and as we know this is a symbol of cool.


Frisson de Verbena Eau De Toilette 100ml R740


Even when you look at the packaging and the juice, it's a soft green colour, immediately conveys a message of freshness and coolness before you even try the product.




The top notes of fresh Verbena and Bergamot are very evident, but for me it was the heart notes of cucumber and verbena that stole the show, adding a slight sweet dimension to the fragrance, which I found positively mesmerising, as it wasn't what I expected, but the combination works so well.

I will post reviews on the other products that I received in the near future, but overall the Frisson de Verveine is my summer fragrance of choice and it couldn't be a better cooling veil on those hot humid summer days in Durban.

Pop by your nearest L'Occitane boutique soon to experience the "cool" of a Provencal summer,
albeit in sunny South Africa.







3 comments:

  1. I wrote about this collection yesterday as well :) At first I was a bit unsure about the fragrance... but now I am obsessed!!! LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CharlieW yea it's my fave at the moment.....
    Ginger McLashes me too it's refreshing..in more ways than one!

    ReplyDelete