18 January 2015

KIEHLS POWERFUL-STRENGTH LINE REDUCING CONCENTRATE {REVIEW}






Having worked with so many international brands over the years I have encountered many product names, some have you guessing as to what the product does , whilst others spell it out clearly.
Personally I prefer a name to tell you what the contents will do rather than a pretty,
 fluffy sounding "could do anything" type name! 


Kiehl's Powerful Strenght Line Reducing Concentrate

The Kiehl's Powerful-Strength Line Reducing Concentrate leaves you in no doubt as to what this product is all about...it's plain and simple...it's a powerful concentrate product targeted to very effectively reduce lines and wrinkles. This name definitely grabbed my attention some months back, but as with most things in life it's what's inside that matters. Even though we see products on the shelves and in the magazines that promise the "earth" for skin do they really live up to their name?

Having all the usual skin concerns that a woman on her mid 50's has, I was intrigued and decided that I had to put this product to the test. With any serum/concentrate that I undertake to review for my blog whether sponsored of not I can assure you that I only write my review when the last drop has left the bottle! Some results are instantly noticeable whilst others have a cumulative effect over time and it's only fair to the product and you as readers to allow it time to work its skin magic.

Now that we know what our expectations are from the name of the product, what are the Key Ingredients that will help achieve this:


Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid)

Known for its affinity with skin and its powerful ability to improve the appearance of skin aging. 10.5% of Pure Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid) is the key ingredient.

Glycerin

Glycerin is a by-product of soap manufacturing and is a clear, syrupy liquid, usually derived from vegetable oil and obtained by adding alkalies to fats and fixed oils. It is a solvent humectant and emollient in many skin care products, as it absorbs moisture from the air and thereby helps products retain their moisture. It improves the spreadability of products and has definite skin moisturizing benefits.

Propylene Glycol

Propylene Glycol is a common moisture carrying ingredient in skin care. It acts as a humectant by absorbing water from the air.

With use twice a day, morning and night underneath your usual moisturiser. 
(it can be used alone which,I did often in the evening) 
The Kiehl's Line-Reducer helps to reduce the appearance of marionette lines from the corners of the mouth, leading towards the chin, crows feet lines and wrinkles as well as sub-orbital wrinkles in the eye area,
 however this product is not for use over or close to the eye area.

This product comes in an easy to control, dark brown 
(dark in order to protect the product from the light and keep the vitamin c stable) 
plastic pump dispenser.One thing that I must point out is that upon application you will feel some warmth on the skin,which is both normal and strangely comforting!

Finally did it deliver on its "name claim"?
A resounding "Yes it did"

 I found the concentrate felt comfortable on my skin and I was hardly aware of its presence unlike some similar products. I visibly saw some softening of the deeper lines and wrinkles, but it was on the finer lines or marionette lines as they are often referred to, where I noticed the greatest improvement, so much so, that I have just started a second bottle.

Available at selected Edgars stores
Retails for R665  R895 (updated 4/17)
 (75mls)

If you would like to read more of my good and not so good reviews on Kiehl's products click on the links below:

Kiehls Over Night Biological Peel Review



1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to test out this brand.. Heard a lot of good things

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete