2 November 2014

SUNDAY SAMPLE - LA PRAIRIE CELLULAR MINERAL BODY EXFOLIATOR {REVIEW}

La Prairie Cellular Mineral Body Exfoliator

I know I sound like a stuck record, but La Prairie has been one of my favourite brands for many years and having worked for LP for several of my 35 years in the beauty industry, 
I feel I have enough experience with many Luxury brands to put this house at the top of my list.

La Prairie recently launched two new exfoliators; 
Cellular Mineral Face Exfoliator read my review and the Cellular Mineral Body Exfoliator,
 the latter is what I have been using this past week.
(It was a sample that I pulled out of my Sunday Sample Jar)


Cellular Mineral Body Exfoliator


This divine smelling pink pearlescent gel is formulated with pure diamond, amethyst powders, rosa centifola, smithsonite extract and exclusive cellular complex to polish and condition your whole body. Cellular Mineral Body Exfoliator has noticeable granules of various sizes, that gently refine the skin by removing dead skin cells that, as we all know, can dull the complexion.  
As with its face counterpart my skin was left feeling beautifully soft, silky and smooth to the touch. Scrubs and exfoliators disturb the skins natural hydro lipidic film, hence the necessity to always moisturise immediately afterwards, however what I find quite amazing with these two products is that they truely leave the skin feeling remarkably soft and moisturised unlike many that can leave the skin feeling dry and literally stripped of oils. 
Thanks to the inclusion of rose hips oil and camelia oil which help to soften and cushion the skin during treatment,they also leave a light veil of noticable moisture on the face and body.

I managed to get 2 uses from my sample and it is recommended to be used two or three times a week in the shower, either morning or evening, but taking into account the price and the effectiveness of this product once a week would be ideal pour moi. 

As with most body scrubs and exfoliators: 
  • Apply on a moistened body (remember more moisture will result in a more gentle treatment and vice versa) 
  • Massage using gentle circular motions paying particular attention to elbows, knees and heels. (I found this Exfoliator to be fantastic to use before any type self tan application)  
  • Rinse well
  • Pat dry and follow with a moisturising body product.


La Prairie is not in everyone's budget, I realize that, but this brand really elevates skin and body care frrom ordinary to extraordinary that I have never experienced with any mid price range products or even many of the high end brands for that matter and I have been lucky to have used many over the years.
If you are looking for an outstanding, high end body exfoliator then this is the "one" without a doubt.


R1590 

200ml

To read my reviews

2 comments: