7 October 2014

L'OREAL GENTLE MAKE UP REMOVER EYE {REVIEW}

As a beauty blogger I should be trying new products on a regular basis, 
but occasionally when you "hit" on a product that you really enjoy its difficult to move on in search of something different or better.
 A couple of years ago I stumbled across the Express Eye Make-Up Remover by the French brand Yves Rocher and having tried so many eye make up removers over the years, 
I instantly knew this was perfect for me. 


Unfortunately I have been forced to try another remover for my eye make-up and the reason I say "forced" is because I had no choice, as it was a desperation move. 
After several weeks of visiting the Yves Rocher counter in Woolworths Gateway 
they still were out of stock...Off to Truworths I trot to find the same "out of Stock" situation. Now this could be a result of poor planning by either the store cosmetic buyers or by the importers of Yves Rocher South Africa, but either way, I went off to Clicks to find a reasonably priced temporary replacement and that's how I ended up with the L'Oreal Gentle Eye Make -Up Remover.



L'Oreal Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover EYE


For me it was ticking all the boxes on paper as it was:

Reasonably priced R95 for 125mls
Suitable for Sensitive Eyes
Opthamologically tested
Bi Phase Lotion
Enriched with Allantoine

I think you can tell from the tone of this post that the worst is still to come, as I have several issues with the product and its packaging:

  • This is a warning to any one who uses it for the first time, don't hold onto the body of the plastic bottle...(like one would normally do), as the flip lid is not easy to grip onto when you want to open, hence you end up squeezing the bottle, when the air is released,and guess what.....out shoots the product, which didn't go down too well with me, as there was quite a bit of wastage. I suppose on the positive side, it goes to prove that its a good product to travel with, as there is no chance of any leakage.
  • In my thirty odd years in the business I have never ever seen such a large hole for the product to come out of...and no matter how much I tried to control the amount of product I dispensed onto the cotton wool pad, it always resulted in too much. At this rate of wastage this product will not last me a month, which makes it rather an expensive product.
  • I found the effectiveness of the product to be poor and considering I do not wear excessive eye make-up...this is a huge fail for me.




So all things considered, I feel simply "ripped off" with this product, so Woolworths please hear my plea and order stock of the Yves Rocher Express Eye Make-Up Remover for your Gateway store, just so I don't have to endure this useless product any more.

L'Oreal is available at Clicks countrywide.



No comments:

Post a Comment