3 July 2014

L'OCCITANE LAVENDER ORGANIC RELAXING ROLL-ON {REVIEW}

L'Occitane is one of my favourite brands, as by now I am sure you are all aware. 
You will also know that I'm very honest with my reviews and this review will be a first for me....
it's my first L'Occitane "fail" Yes you read correctly
its a "fail".

The Lavender Organic Relaxing Roll-On has been around for some time and even though I love Lavender and the concept of the relaxing roll-on, I only recently bought one from this brand, as part of My L'Occitane Haul in France.

L'Occitane use only the best, high quality essential oil extracted from lavender organically grown in Provence.  I have used a similar type of product before, one that 
I bought in Provence a couple of years ago and since then I have been "sold" on these handy roll-ons...addicted would actually be a better description.


R230

Product Claims:

Formulated with P.D.O. (Protected Designation of Origin) Haute-Provence Lavender essential oil, with relaxing properties, this certified-organic Lavender Relaxing Roll-on roll-on helps to soothe tension and relax the mind. Use one to three times a day for an instant feeling of relaxation.

My Experience:

This 10ml roll-on can be used on the wrists, temples or any other pulse points. 
Inhaling Lavender essential oil has such a relaxing and calming effect on both the mind and the body. 
I love the intensity of that initial fragrance and the concept of having a roll-on to just use whenever you feel slightly stressed or feel the need for that boost of Lavender relaxation, appeals to me. 
I can also vouch that a Lavender roll on applied to the temples helps to ease the discomfort from a headache. Whilst this type of product is not an absolute essential and would not suit everyone it certainly has a permanent place in my handbag...

You maybe wondering why it ranked for me as a fail, as I am writing a glowing review...the problem doesn't lie with the product, it lies with the packaging. 
This product is designed to be carried around and used several times a day or whenever "calm" is needed, yet oil doing what it does best, it escapes and oozes.
 My intention was to use whilst I was on my hectic overseas holiday recently, but unfortunately it didn't cope with the pace of the three weeks. I literally used it 5 or 6 times before my roll on was empty. 
Knowing that escaping oil can be a problem I was careful to ensure that the screw top was threaded evenly, but it still escaped. 
Maybe I had a faulty roll on,(Update it wasn't faulty, as I stupidly bought 2 more since and they have all leaked) but I have encountered this problem before particularly with these high oil content products : 


L'Occitane Verbena Salt Scrub


In my experience these products don't travel well, so they stay put at home, but a relaxing roll-on should be carried in a handbag and ready for use, so this unfortunately is my 1st L'Occitane fail!

Shew! Now this post is completed...I could do with Lavender Organic Relaxing Roll-On to apply over my temples...Oops looks like I will have to order that other roll-on from Provence..the one that didn't leak.

To order online:



No comments:

Post a Comment