18 June 2013

GARNIER BB CREAM MIRACLE SKIN PERFECTOR {REVIEW}





After being a late starter in trying BB (Beauty Balm) creams and somewhat of a sceptic, I am now on a roll....
I recently tried and reviewed the Clarins BB Skin Perfecting Cream, my review of the new L'Occitane Sublime BB Cream will be posted later this week and I have also just tried the Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector! 
(this was launched last year,but I did say I was a late starter)
So I have been busy on the BB trail.




This daily 5 in1 multi benefit cream will:

Even Tone
Hydrate
Renew
Protect
&
Brighten

The Garnier BB Cream claims to address several skin concerns such as dullness, blotchiness, discolouration and dryness. 
Intense hydration, improved softness and suppleness of the skin is provided over 24 hours, thanks to the combination of Hyaluronic Acid, Lipidure Microspheres + Glycerine.
Vitamin C boosts radiance and luminosity of skin, whilst the Mineral Rich Pigments  spread flawlessly over skin.

Garnier BB Cream is available in 3 shades, light, medium and dark. The sample that I used was the medium and blended perfectly with my skin colouring. 

No BB Cream
With BB Cream



The product did spread easily and initially felt rich, but I recommend, that a drier, more mature skin like "moi" use a moisturiser underneath. I tried  both "with" and "without" and my skin needed that extra layer of my moisturiser to take me through the day.
However younger and more normal/combination skins may find it a little oily or heavy.

The cream also has an SPF of 15, which is vital in any BB cream today.
The cream provided a very light coverage on me and it did cover slight blotchiness and discolouration. What I did notice was the immediate brightness it gave to me skin, but after saying that, advancements in light reflecting particles and radiance boosters have been mastered now by most cosmetic and skin care brands.
I actually preferred to use this BB cream as a light base, rather than on its own, as my blusher etc. sat nicely on my skin.I must make mention of the smell of the product,which is fresh and very acceptable.
This is a worthwhile consideration in the BB stakes, especially as it's very affordable! 
It retails for around R80 (50mls) and is available from selected stores and pharmacies nationwide.
So if you are a novice to BB creams like me then this is a great starting place!

Available from Clicks and Dischems' countrywide

2 comments:

  1. I loved how much coverage this BB cream had but it just made my skin very oily.

    Amina ∞ Oh Just One More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I suspected that it would be! Great product at a great price,but it must suit your skin type first!

    ReplyDelete